VERB TO BE
The verb to be is one of the most used verbs in English this is because it has a lot of applications, let's check some of them:
|
•The
age: I’m
thirty
|
||||||||||||
|
•Descriptions: Is used to give
other descriptions, including the height, weight, nationality and color of
something or someone. Ex. I’m Mexican.
|
||||||||||||
|
•To talk about physical and mental
states. Ex. I’m hungry, They’re crazy!
|
||||||||||||
|
•Occupations and personal
relationships. Ex. I’m Batman, she is my
sister
|
||||||||||||
|
•Time and date: We use the third
person. Ex. It is three o’clock, today
is Monday.
|
||||||||||||
|
•Locations: The book is not on the table, My house is next to the library. ConjugationPOSITIVE
|
||||||||||||
|
NEGATIVE |
||
|
FULL FORM |
SHORT FORM |
|
|
I |
Am not |
|
|
He, she, it |
Is not |
He/She/It isn’t |
|
We, you, they |
Are not |
We/You/They aren’t |
|
QUESTIONS |
||||||||
|
Am I…? |
||||||||
|
Is he/she/it..? |
||||||||
|
Are we/you/they…?
|
||||||||
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario